Saturday, June 6, 2009

Out of Uncle Johnny's

Well! Four days here, two in the bunkhouse, plus a shuttle to Spivey Gap today to slackpack back to the hostel, all free! Wow! Freebird, who's been in charge of the store, is so generous! And of course Johnny and Charlotte, who own the place. We're hiking four miles out to the next shelter tonight, after I eat my last bowl of microwave Mac and Yeast from heaven. New pictures are here: http://picasaweb.google.com/brittany.a.lewis/SCAAndAT2009?authkey=Gv1sRgCKryjLXq5KbH5QE&feat=directlink

Heard of some more hikers just going home. How sad! If I get off the trail, I won't be going home!

Feet feel good for now. Yay. Moving on. 339 down!

If you want to send me a package, I'll be checking the post office in Damascus, VA. I don't have the zip code in front of me, but the address would be my name on the first line, next line General Delivery, next Damascus, VA zip code, next "Hold for AT Thru Hiker." You can look up the zip, right?

I'm about two days ahead of my schedule last year. So far behind everyone! But a great time. Grant and Ian (Tolkien dork and museum dork) are with us since the Smokies, so still have some "old" friends for the time being.

OH! Going by the name Bar Fight now, officially. :D Vegan rage and pink fingerless gloves. I will mess you up. :)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hey Brittany,
I'm Jeramiah's mom, Melissa. Thanks for letting me eavesdrop on your blog. Love to see pics of the boy. Glad he found someone fun to hike with. I promise I'll put something super yummy vegan in the next box for you.
Melissa