Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Tenth Hour

By that I mean it's not quite the eleventh hour, at least not for me. Daniel is starting in just a few days, I realized, but I have a month yet. Still, his visit last week was exciting for me. For one, I got to play with the tarp for the first time. My doubts regarding the rain configuration aside (what if there's wind PLUS rain, Daniel?), I love it. We'll be good friends, tarp and I. And seeing it pitched in the yard made the trip even more real for me. It is almost time, and I am nearly prepared. I believe, for instance, that I now have everything I need. There is still the issue of optional electronic devices to settle, but I do have everything I literally need. I could walk out tomorrow.

(But I won't walk out tomorrow because I have two classes to finish...I will, I will write that paper...)

Returning to the topic at hand, there are some preliminaries to get through. I've scheduled a physical, and I need a tooth filled. And my insurance will run out July 31, so it would be best to line up some coverage ahead of time. But that's it. Daniel says he has nearly everything he needs as well. I have to say I'm somewhat giddy.

No comments: