Friday, June 13, 2008

Post-X-ray

X-ray says the bones are fine. Most likely tendonitis (unless an oddly-placed stress fracture that will need an MRI to be seen). Doctor says to keep off the feet, elevate, take ibuprofen, ice. So I have done, walking nearly none at all, crawling and sliding across the floor instead. It's still a novel way of moving, so it's a little fun, but it's a big change in activity for what seems to be little help. The swelling is gone, but it still hurts when I stand. I would have thought that on my fifth day of limited movement the pain would be gone. One week away seems unlikely to do the trick. I am concerned that when I heal (if I heal), lack of practice and movement will have made me unable to walk still!

At least I am eating vegan mac n' cheese, watching Terminator 2 (reminded me of bear jokes), and reading The Two Towers. On Monday Ulysses and I talked about Tolkien and the fact that my brother sort of resembles a young Gandalf, and how I need to finish the trilogy, so I shall. But the more humorous resemblance is that of my brother to Rasputin. Daniel's beard is bushy, and his hair is wild when he wakes, so Haha bestowed the name "Rasputin" on him. I hope he takes it for his trail name!

If it's your style, please send me healing thoughts. I'm impatient to be back on the trail.

No comments: